Construction project coordinators plan, organize, and direct the activities of a construction project, under the direction of a general manager. You work on-site most of the time, looking after the day-to-day responsibilities of the project. You may work for residential, commercial and industrial construction companies or for construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
Generally, construction project coordinators:
- Prepare contracts and negotiate changes to contracts with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Prepare progress reports for clients.
- Manage the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions.
- Hire and supervise subcontractors and staff.