U Build Construction is one of Manitoba’s leading General Contractors specializing in Commercial, Institutional and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, U Build Construction has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 10 years.
The Project Manager is required to manage the overall success of construction projects, ranging in size and complexity.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining the U Build brand with all clients, employees, trade partners and supply chain partners.
- Serving as the main company representative to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Ensuring the successful completion of the project and its profitability, and for retaining the owner as a client for life.
- Review schedules, pricing, change orders and purchase order on a regular basis.
- Order products from suppliers in a timely manner to ensure materials arrive on time.
- Work closely with site superintendents on project details and assist with any site complications.
- Managing tender invitations and compiling competitive bids.
- Review new tenders, prepare bid documents, and successfully submit bids.
Skills include, but are not limited to:
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task with ease.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a self-imposed desire to exceed every-day expectations.
- High degree of technical accuracy.
- Sound decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
- Minimum four years of experience in the construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction: lean, quality, earned value, technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, estimating, scheduling, safety, design and management.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable record of success on projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills with effective decision-making capabilities.
We thank all individuals who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: 2021-09-20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$90,000.00 per year